Introduction to Revit Architecture

Introduction to Revit Architecture

This post is the first of ‘Revit for beginners’ tutorial series. If you want to learn Revit, I hope this tutorial will be useful. And I hope will be easy to follow. My English is poor, but I hope understandable :D I will use metric for unit, common unit I use.
So let’s get started. I will explain what is Revit first. Revit in a BIM application. Building Information Modeling. It’s beyond 3D modeling for visualization. You are creating a virtual building, with all it’s properties. Just like you build a real building, but in real world, it’s in your workstation.
perspective
Because you are building a real building (virtually, of course) you can extract any data from it. Plan, elevations, sections, schedule is some of common data you can use. It’s also easy to create color fill, 3D perspective, rendering, detailed drawing, and limited walkthrough animation. BIM also enable you to communicate your model to other applications, such as structural analysis, green building analysis, heat load calculation, etc.
Revit architecture is built for architect. So architect can work with conventional way: by creating building plan.
plan
You can ‘draw’ as you draw a plan. But you are actually building a 3D model. So you’ll have your plan and sections instantly. Sure, there are some 3D works to do to complete the building. But it’s quite easy.
elevation_section
Other data you can collect from your model is your building schedule. You can create a report wall length, number of doors and windows, and other schedule easily. I’ve customized this schedule below to my language. It is customizable to your language too!
schedule
And because you are actually creating it in 3D, visualization is easy to make. Just place your camera, tweak it a little bit, then you’ll have a nice perspective!
result
I’m not an architect. So don’t judge the design :D But I hope my tutorial will be useful. Next, you will learn about Revit interface.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Perbedaan Sifat, Sikap dan Karakter

Bahasan Qolbu

Meningkatnya Level of Consciousness atau Tingkat Kesadaran